When we talk about projection screens, there’s a natural tendency to think of screens with standard 4:3 or 16:9 formats.
However, that leaves out the screens intended for installation in special configurations, especially curved screens – which I will now unveil for you!
So what are curved screens?
These screens have a modular aluminium or steel frame that is specially designed for rapid installation on site.
Any structure of a special shape will necessarily be custom made, and these projection screens can be manufactured to precise specifications for any and all projects.
Curved screens have many applications:
- Communications and event management (simulators, exhibitions, etc)
- Architecture, particular buildings and private installations (curved screens can be integrated perfectly with the curves of facades and walls)
- Cinemas / movie theaters (for both traditional and 360° cinema setups)
- Museums and art galleries
- A boardroom, auditorium or show room
- Theme parks
Apart from their particular configuration, curved screens potentially have several other advantages depending on the way they are set up:
- More immersive
- Identical viewing quality wherever the viewer is sitting
- Panoramic effects
- Fewer reflections
The ‘curve-able’ projection screens in our catalogues
Our range of fixed-frame screens contains several that can be curved to meet all requirements:
- The CINEVISION 1 projection screen
Can be put up or taken down as required! Some degree of curvature is possible,
- The CADRE HC projection screen
Chic and elegant! Can be curved as much required.
- The SPECIAL VIDEO projection screen
Discreet lines. Can be curved as much as required.
- Custom frames
We manufacture screens that are spherical, conical, circular, etc, in all sizes.
Available for mounting on a wall or for suspended mounting.
We also offer various options depending on the screen, for example custom-made brackets to your specifications, legs, etc.
When requesting a quote relating to your need for custom-made curved screens, don’t forget to give us this information:
- Type of projection surface
- Image format
- Method of mounting
- Any details about the installation that might require a modification to the standard product